Re: Feature names: Typo in example

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 16:43:54 +0200
To: Marcin Hanclik <Marcin.Hanclik@access-company.com>
CC: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, "Breitschwerdt, Christian, VF-Group" <christian.breitschwerdt@vodafone.com>

Hi Marcin,

On 5/29/09 4:26 PM, Marcin Hanclik wrote:
> Hi Marcos,
>
> The following typo has been found by BONDI contributors.
>
> The example in http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/#the-feature-element now specified as:
>
> <widget xmlns="http://www.w3.org/ns/widgets">
>
>     <feature name="http://example.org/api.geolocation"
>              required="false"/>
> </widget>
>
> should read:
>
> <widget xmlns="http://www.w3.org/ns/widgets">
>
>     <feature name="http://example.org/api/geolocation"
>              required="false"/>
> </widget>
>
> to follow the convention contributed by BONDI.
> The api.geolocation shall be changed to api/geolocation.
>
> I/we hope it can be fixed soon.

That is not an error; it's on purpose. It's just showing that it's just
a URI that can be structured in any way so long as it is valid. It also
deliberately non-conforming to the stylistic decisions of BONDI. It's
just an example. If anything, I should change the example to:

<feature name="API:example.org.geolocation"
              required="false"/>