Re: [widgets] Public keys in widgets URI scheme?

From: Arve Bersvendsen <arveb@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 23:13:09 +0200
To: "Adam Barth" <w3c@adambarth.com>
Cc: "Thomas Roessler" <tlr@w3.org>, "Henri Sivonen" <hsivonen@iki.fi>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Wed, 27 May 2009 23:09:11 +0200, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com> wrote:

>> Note that "random per-instance origin" here would normally imply that
>> the
>> instance is created exactly once, on installation, instead of a new
>> instance
>> for every invocation, so a widget should keep the origin across
>> invocations.
>
> But not across updates?

Currently, the update spec is in somewhat of a hiatus, but in my world,
updating a widget would preserve its instance identifier. Anything else
would be pointless.

(I'll answer to the separate bit about preferences tomorrow, but the gist
is that it's instance-bound, but not origin-bound)
--
Arve Bersvendsen