Re: [widgets] Public keys in widgets URI scheme?

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 11:24 AM, Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org> wrote:
> While I really like the "public-key-as-origin" idea, I wonder whether the
> most conservative path for the current round of widget specifications isn't
> to just stick to the random per-instance (!) origin, and relax later.

Do widgets not plan to make use of localStorage?  This seems useful,
for example, in a weather widget, to store the list of ZIP codes that
the user wants to see the weather for.  With a random per-instance
origin, the widget won't be able to access its localStorage from its
last invocation.

Adam