Re: [widgets] Widgets URI scheme... it's baaaack!

From: Arve Bersvendsen <arveb@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 18:54:43 +0200
To: "Larry Masinter" <masinter@adobe.com>, "marcosc@opera.com" <marcosc@opera.com>, public-pkg-uri-scheme <public-pkg-uri-scheme@w3.org>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Fri, 22 May 2009 17:29:57 +0200, Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>

> If the widget: scheme is intended for inter-package references
> then there are security issues with that. If not, then why the UUID?

At the time of writing, I do not see them being used for inter-package
references (If my understanding equals yours here, as in "references
between otherwise unrelated widgets".

The UUID? Well, it actually eases implementations a bit, since an
implementation can use the UUID as "domain" when requests are made, which
actually allows vendors to reuse existing infrastructure for security
checks and so on.
Arve Bersvendsen