Re: [widgets] Widgets URI scheme... it's baaaack!

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 09:25:40 -0400
To: marcosc@opera.com
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
Marcos,

I'm curious to learn where the requirement that "Must not allow
addressing resources outside a widget" came from?  Can you point to a
precedent for such a restriction in any other protocol?  I remember
TimBL writing something to the effect of "Anywhere you can use a URI,
you can use any URI", possibly in his design issues, but I can't find
a reference right now.

I also don't understand what that bit about "run on the web" means in the intro.

Thanks.

Mark.