Re: Next steps for XHR L1 spec?

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 22:44:52 +0200
To: "Travis Leithead" <Travis.Leithead@microsoft.com>, "Arthur Barstow" <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Cc: "Mike Smith" <mike@w3.org>, "Doug Schepers" <schepers@w3.org>, "Charles McCathieNevile" <chaals@opera.com>, "WebApps WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Mon, 04 May 2009 22:25:00 +0200, Travis Leithead <Travis.Leithead@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Anne, are you building tests for these assertions as you work out some
> of these details (or more specifically, are you collecting them in a
> public place)?
>
> (I didn't see anything here:
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest/ )

I made a few simple demos (e.g. the one I e-mailed). Good enough to figure out what is going on, but not really PASS/FAIL test case quality.

Having said that, most of this is already covered to great extent by the test suite I had developed before, but the specification was just not quite as clear on these matters as it could be. HTML5 provides a whole bunch of quite low-level terminology that explains the various concepts in great detail and XMLHttpRequest is currently not making use of some of the more "recent" additions.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/