Re: [widgets] dig sig and requirements ready for pub!

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 15:25:38 +0200
To: Kai Hendry <hendry@aplix.co.jp>
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org
On 1 May 2009, at 12:49, Kai Hendry wrote:

> http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-digsig/#identifier-signature-property

> I'm not sure what "signature management" is exactly, though can
> someone please inform me what a UA is supposed to do with
> dsp:Identifier?

The primary use case here is not the user agent, but the signer (and a
potential application store):  It gives them a standardized means to
refer to a single signature, in their audit logs and whatever else
might come up.

There is no user agent behavior out of this one; however, like with
the serial number that you have in X.509 certificates, it's going to
be worthwhile having an identifier for the signature.