Re: Widget instances and widget invocations

Dear,
On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>  a) the UA has somehow allowed me to pick which instance I run, I get back
> what I put for the right instance
>  b) the UA has become confused, I get both values, or something broken, or
> nothing
>  c) the UA has a single origin mapped to my widget, I get the last write

I would also add as a variant of a) (which is probalby more realistic) is
that

When you kill widget 1 it asks you if you want to save your data : Y1/N1
When you kill widget 2 it asks you if you want to save your data : Y2/N2

Then you will have Y1/Y2 --> data of 2 ; Y1/N2 --> data of 1; N1/Y2 --> data
of 2 ; N1/N2 --> previous data (or default if it was the first invocation
ever)

Then the UI may propose to the user to always save the preference and then
you will get c) behaviour

My two cents

Xmlizer