Re: Storage 'length' and enumeration

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, John J Barton wrote:

> Yes and Firebug has to have special code for HTMLCollection because this
> mistake was made in the past. Now we will have to have different special
> code for Storage. Rather than modeling new API on old mistakes, consider
> learning from the past experience and take a direction that developers
> will find less confusing.  Pseudo-arrays with "except... this and that"
> makes APIs intricate and puzzling.  A simpler and less ambiguous
> approach would be better in my opinion.

It's not an array or a pseudo-array. It's an enumerable JS host object.

Firefox will have to have special code to implement Storage anyway; why is
more special code to show it in Firebug a bad thing? In fact, it's
probably a good thing, since for Storage you probably don't want to be
showing the data in the debugger all the time anyway (since that has
performance implications).