RE: [DOML3Events] ACTION-267 Proposal for event iterator

From: Mike Wilson <mikewse@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 11:35:54 +0200
To: <public-webapps@w3.org>
Following up on last year's discussion on adding support for
querying DOM elements about already registered event handlers:

Travis Leithead wrote on Apr 09, 2008; 08:07pm
> In considering a design for the event iterator (allow devs
> to enumerate what events have been _added_ via
> addEventListener to a given object), I looked at two general
> approaches:
>
> 1) Defining a new collection on every object that supports
> the EventTarget interface
> 2) Defining a 'getNextEvent' function for every object that
> supports the EventTarget interface
> 3) Defining a function that returns a static/dynamic list of
> event handlers for a given object that supports the
> EventTarget interface
<rest of conversation snipped>

Action page:
http://www.w3.org/2006/webapi/track/actions/267

Mail thread view on nabble:
http://www.nabble.com/-DOML3Events--ACTION-267-Proposal-for-event-iterator-t
d16593177.html#a16691378

Was any consensus ever reached and what's the status of this
suggestion now?

Personally I think this feature is a very natural part of the
DOM API and believe there needs to be very good reasons not to
include it.

Best regards
Mike Wilson