Re: Storage and widgets

From: Scott Wilson <scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 17:02:51 +0100
To: Arve Bersvendsen <arveb@opera.com>, Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>, public-webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
In our system when a widget is instantiated we generate our own
instance hashes which we append to the widget URL as a parameter, and
our Storage implementation uses this parameter when it needs to make a
request back to our prefs web service to load preferences, or to set a
preference.

I imagine any UA would put a similar mechanism in place in its Storage
implementation to sandbox the preferences for widget instances; does
that need to be specified?