Re: [widget-digsig] Updated Widget Signature editors draft

how about this:

Note that with an optional algorithm interoperability  may not always
be possible if user agents have not implemented it.  Implementation of
this algorithm is encouraged since it can become mandatory in a
subsequent release of this specification, and this may become
necessary if a security issue is discovered with the currently
required algorithm.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia