Re: Web Storage Scope and Charter

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 02:34:21 -0400
To: Nikunj Mehta <nikunj.mehta@oracle.com>
CC: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>
Hi, Nikunj-

Nikunj Mehta wrote (on 4/24/09 2:24 AM):

> On Apr 23, 2009, at 1:04 PM, Doug Schepers wrote:
>>
>> Rather than change the charter (which would require everyone who's
>> already rejoined to re-rejoin at the simplest, and might require
>> another AC review at the worst), Nikunj offered that he would be
>> satisfied if more generic wording were put in the charter, and
>> highlighted as an issue.

Sorry, typo... I meant to say, "if more generic wording were put in the
*spec*".  (Depending on the outcome of the WG's decision on the matter,
we could change the charter language during our next rechartering, too,
if necessary.)

> To be precise, I suggested that we can table the charter issue for now,
> and emphasize in the spec that we haven't finalized SQL as the only
> structured storage access solution.

Yes, thanks for the correction... my original sentence didn't make much
sense. :)

>Preferably, the current Section 4
> would be renamed as
> [[
> Structured Storage
> ]]
>
> with the following wording in it:
> [[
> The working group is currently debating whether SQL is the right
> abstraction for structured storage.
> ]]

So, the phrase above is already in the spec... the only thing you're
asking now is for Section 4 to be renamed, right?  Seems pretty minor.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs