Re: Web Storage Scope and Charter

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 22:18:40 +0200, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> The draft got published today, so it's too late to change the
> high-profile version of the spec. Rather than add this message, I'd like
> to just come
> to some sort of conclusion on the issue. What are the various proposals
> that exist to solve this problem other than SQL, and how willing are the
> browser vendors to implement those solutions?

FWIW, Opera is primarily interested in implementing the APIs currently in
the specification (including the SQL API). Specifying the specifics of the
SQL dialect in due course would be good though, but doing that does not
seem very controversial and I would assume is a requirement for going to
Last Call.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/