Re: review of A&E

From: Max Froumentin <maxfro@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 14:04:01 +0200
To: marcosc@opera.com
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
Hi Marcos,

All changes approved, except the 2 below:

Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com> writes:

>> 5. [Dependencies on Other Specifications] The last 2 statements logically yield "A user agent MUST attempt to implement [some specifications]"
> now reads:
> [[
> A user agent supports a specification if it attempts to implement that
> specification.
> A user agent MUST support:
>  * the [Widgets-Packaging] specification,
>  * the [WebStorage] specification's Storage interface, with the
> exclusion of the Database interface.
>  * the [DOM3Core] specification.
> ]]

It ends up to the same logical conclusion, no? If you substitute "support" in the second sentence you get:
"A user agent MUST attempt to implement: ....". Surely, 'attempt to' is extra, no?

>> 14. [The authorName Attribute] This is a comment on P&C: <author> is used to deduce the  "author name" property, but in the definition of <author> it's not specified that the element must contain the author's name.
> You can't check that, it's not testable.

In fact, I'm saying that the property should be called "author information", rather than "author name".