[widgets] dropping screenshot

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 15:05:16 +0200
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
After discussions with Josh and Arve, I would like to propose that we
drop the screenshot element. The rationales for the decision are:

  * screenshots bloat the package,
  * and screenshots are never used when the widget is instantiated.
  * Also, there is no way to identify on which platform the screenshot
of the widget was taken on. This is an issue because a UA may render
form elements used by a widget differently from one platform to another.
Authors will want to show what a widget looks like when running on a
platform. To show this, authors should provide distributors/galleries
with platform specific screenshots. Having a bunch of screenshots in the
package may confuse/mislead users in believing the widget will
look/behave in some particular way, which may not be true on some
platforms.

Kind regards,
Marcos