Re: Next steps for CORS?

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 00:35:45 +0200
To: "Arthur Barstow" <art.barstow@nokia.com>, "WebApps WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>
Cc: "Mike Smith" <mike@w3.org>, "Doug Schepers" <schepers@w3.org>, "Charles McCathieNevile" <chaals@opera.com>
On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 15:18:42 +0200, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
wrote:
> What are the next steps for moving CORS along the Rec track?
>
> There were two related "Raised" issues and earlier today I moved them to
> Open:
>
>   http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/products/7
>
> Please feel free to respond on public-webapps.

I commented on both those issues when they were raised (see "Related
Notes"). I don't think either of them is valid at this point.

As per my latest status report redirects is still an issue and Jonas told
me he'd e-mail something about that but he hasn't done that yet. I don't
know of any other outstanding issue. (Arguably the Origin header is an
outstanding issue but I don't really see how we can rename it or change it
at this point.)

(For redirects I think we should make a 303 response on a preflight
request a network error and leave the draft unchanged for everything else.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/