Re: Do we need to rename the Origin header?

From: Bil Corry <bil@corry.biz>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 16:08:13 -0500
To: Brandon Sterne <bsterne@mozilla.com>
CC: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>, Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, public-webapps@w3.org, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sam Weinig <weinig@apple.com>, Sid Stamm <sstamm@mozilla.com>
Brandon Sterne wrote on 4/6/2009 3:34 PM:
> I'm adding Sid, who has been editing the document:
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Origin
>
> As is mentioned in the first section of that document, the name of the
> proposed header is subject to change.

If you're going for an entirely new header, then you should consider adding the redirect path as well to it:

	Origin: <origin host> <frame-ancestor>*[, <redirect-host>]*

So site A frames B which frames C that then POSTs to D, which redirects to E which redirects to F becomes:

	Origin: C B A, D, E

- Bil