Re: Do we need to rename the Origin header?

From: Bil Corry <bil@corry.biz>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 10:01:41 -0500
To: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
CC: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, public-webapps@w3.org, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sam Weinig <weinig@apple.com>
Bil Corry wrote on 4/6/2009 9:32 AM:
> Another option that I haven't seen proposed is to keep CORS-Origin
> and HTML5-Origin both named "Origin" but make them contextual, so
> that Origin when sent via CORS will behave as outlined in CORS, and
> Origin when sent via HTML5 will behave as outlined in HTML5.

Nevermind, I forgot that Adam conceded to changing his original Origin spec to match the redirect behavior in CORS, and reading through his draft, I see the change has been made to make them compatible.

- Bil

[1] http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-abarth-origin-00.txt