Re: [widgets] Content-type sniffing and file extension to MIME mapping

From: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 14:06:55 -0800
To: "Marcos Caceres" <marcosscaceres@gmail.com>
Cc: "Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>, "Simon Pieters" <simonp@opera.com>, "Laurens Holst" <lholst@students.cs.uu.nl>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 12:42 PM, Marcos Caceres
<marcosscaceres@gmail.com> wrote:
> If authors want to use "application/xml",
> then they can use <content src="somefile" type="application/xml" />
> and hope for the best :)

I haven't been following the widget discussion very closely, so I
apologize if this issue is understood already, but, in general, being
able to coerce an arbitrary URL to application/xml is a big security
problem.  Can you point me to where the <content> tag is defined?

Thanks,
Adam