RE: ZIP-based packages and URI references into them ODF proposal

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 15:57:29 -0800
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: Marcos Caceres <marcosscaceres@gmail.com>, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>, Jon Ferraiolo <jferrai@us.ibm.com>, Richard Cohn <rcohn@adobe.com>, Bill McCoy <bmccoy@adobe.com>, "Henry.Story@Sun.COM" <Henry.Story@sun.com>, Michael Stahl <Michael.Stahl@sun.com>, "www-archive@w3.org" <www-archive@w3.org>, Svante Schubert <Svante.Schubert@sun.com>, "eduardo.gutentag@oasis-open.org" <eduardo.gutentag@oasis-open.org>, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>, Carl Cargill <cargill@adobe.com>, Stephen Zilles <szilles@adobe.com>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>

Hi Ian,

I think this is an interesting and important discussion, but I realize that we've moved from discussing ZIP packages and URI references into them to a deeper discussion of the role of architecture and orthogonality, language specifications vs. implementation guidelines, the handling of error conditions in standards documents, and the interplay of extensibility vs. consistency of behavior.

I think that's important, but perhaps should be handled with a narrower mailing list: I'll respond on www-tag.

Larry