Re: [WebIDL] Java package mapping

From: Kartikaya Gupta <lists.webapps@stakface.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 16:18:10 +0000
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org

On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 11:12:13 +1100, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:
> Done:
>
>   http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#idl-modules
>   http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#Prefix
>   http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#java-modules

The example in the java-modules section has a typo; it says "org.foo.ext.FooDocument" instead of "org.foo.ext.ExtendedFooDocument".

Also, I'm not sure if this matters, but while implementing I realized that having both [TheExtendedAttribute=identifier] and [TheExtendedAttribute=ScopedName] leads to an ambiguous grammar, since [foo=bar] can be interpreted as both. Presumably this would lead to shift-reduce conflicts with a context-free parser generator. For my implementation I always resolve it to be a ScopedName and then use either the prefixed name or the unprefixed name depending on which attribute it is.

Cheers,
kats