Re: Widget testing

On 24 Nov 2008, at 22:46, Marcos Caceres wrote:

>> Subject: http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/#the-license
>> Having a optional URI or href whatever for the license would be good.
>> Seems to be some inconsistency between src, uri, url, href btw that
>> you can easily pick up in the relaxng scheme.
>
> I'm not comfortable with adding an optional URI. It implies that a
> license could change on the web without the user knowing about it.
> That really concerns me.

It's not that uncommon to use URIs to identify (well-known) licenses,
see, e.g.,

   http://www.w3.org/Submission/2008/SUBM-ccREL-20080501/
   http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4946.txt

I'd suggest that it's a good idea to enable this pattern for widgets;
the issue that you point out (licenses changing after the fact) is one
that's being dealt with on a social level.

--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>