Re: Widget testing

Hi Kai!

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 1:16 PM, Kai Hendry <hendry@aplix.co.jp> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I have an action to tell you what I've been upto WRT widgets
> http://www.w3.org/2008/11/04-mwts-minutes.html#action02
>
> I've started working one day a week on widget testing. My own git repo is here:
> http://git.webvm.net/?p=wgtqa and it will move to a W3C CVS soon.
>

> I've come across a couple of issues which I've mailed Marcos already
> about. Though I'll paste them in here just in case:
>
> Subject: http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/#the-license
> Having a optional URI or href whatever for the license would be good.
> Seems to be some inconsistency between src, uri, url, href btw that
> you can easily pick up in the relaxng scheme.

I'm not comfortable with adding an optional URI. It implies that a
license could change on the web without the user knowing about it.
That really concerns me.

> http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/#the-author
> xml:lang is not needed and it's not in your relaxng schema besides.

Yep. The schema will only be updated once we finish spec'ing. I don't
want to waste David's time updating the schema when the spec is still
changing. I might remove the schema all together till we get to last
call. It causes too much confusion at this point because it is
maintained independently of the spec.

> Subject: http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/#the-widget0
> Bit confused by its:dir on widget, name, description, author etc.

Can you describe the confusion? What should I put into the spec to
make things more clear?

> The RelaxNG compact schema uses the bdo element and so does HTML5 so
> can't we just rock with that?
> http://git.webvm.net/?p=wgtqa;a=blob;f=widget.rnc

As above.

> I've also written a little widget validation tool, which uses my
> updated (probably wrong) schema (widget.rnc). Try foo.wgt out like so:
> curl -F "zip=@foo.wgt" http://wgt.webvm.net/

Great!

> If you have any comments or you'd like to help us out over at
> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/ then please get in touch. I'm also
> on IRC as 'hendry'.
>
> Enjoy the weekend,

Thanks for your help Kai!