Re: [selectors-api] Investigating NSResolver Alternatives

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 14:30:07 +1100
To: public-webapps@w3.org

This is moot now that NSResolver is gone from selector-api, but…

Boris Zbarsky:

Lachlan Hunt:
> > > Which exception should be thrown? Is this something I should
> > > define in this spec, or is it something for WebIDL or some other
> > > spec to deal with?

Boris Zbarsky:
> > Honestly, I don't care much on that point.

Anne van Kesteren:
> FWIW, I consider it to be a Web IDL issue as it affects every interface.
> (HTML5 currently has explicit text for this (to have additional arguments
> be ignored) but expects it to move into Web IDL.)

The rewritten Operations section of the ECMAScript binding now ignores
additional arguments:

  http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#es-operations

Passing fewer arguments than required results in a TypeError.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/