W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webapps@w3.org > October to December 2008

[widgets] Minutes from 20 November 2008 Voice Conference

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 07:31:57 -0500
Message-Id: <A0E06CA7-37A1-4C72-8654-12E489839F85@nokia.com>
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>

The minutes from the November 20 Widgets voice conference are  
available at the following and copied below:

  <http://www.w3.org/2008/11/20-wam-minutes.html>

WG Members - if you have any comments, corrections, etc., please send  
them to the public-webapps mail list before December 4 (the next  
Widgets voice conference); otherwise these minutes will be considered  
Approved.

-Regards, Art Barstow

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                        Widgets Voice Conference

20 Nov 2008

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2008OctDec/0253.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/11/20-wam-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Art, David, Benoit, MikeSmith-IRC, Jere-IRC

    Regrets
           Arve, Nick

    Chair
           Art

    Scribe
           Art

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Agenda Review
          2. [6]Annoucements
          3. [7]Issue #19 http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/issues/19
          4. [8]APIs and Events spec
          5. [9]AOB
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________


    Date: 20 November 2008

    <scribe> Scribe: Art

    <scribe> ScribeNick: ArtB

Agenda Review

    AB: any change proposals for today's agenda
    [11]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2008OctDec/02
    53.html ?

      [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2008OctDec/0253.html

    [None]

Annoucements

    <JereK> ArtB, only IRC this time

    AB: I sent a proposal to change the VC time
    ...
    [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-webapps/2008OctDec/00
    30.html
    ... Responses are due by Nov 24
    ... any issues for people?

      [12] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-webapps/ 
2008OctDec/0030.html

    BS: it would be better for me if was 1 hour later from the proposed
    time
    ... 16:00 would be better for me

    AB: please send your comments to the mail list
    ... I believe one prob is that 16:00 Paris will conflict with XML
    Security WG's VC

Issue #19 [13]http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/issues/19

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/issues/19

    DR: I think we don't have the right people to discuss this
    ... In particular Mark, Marcos and Thomas

    AB: does that concern apply to all of the sub-bullets?

    DR: yes, certainly

    AB: I tend to agree
    ... The next opportunity to discuss this is December 4

    DR: can we arrange an interim call?

    AB: yes, I think that is possible
    ... but I don't know about the probability of success

    DR: there could be some discussions

    AB: my proposal is multi-part:
    ... 1. Everyone should discuss these items on the public mail list
    ... 2. Regarding the questions for XML Sec WG, need a proposed
    resolution

    DR: I can take an action for #2 above and coordinate a response

    <scribe> ACTION: David submit a proposal for Mark's questions
    ([14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2008OctDec/0
    242.html) [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/11/20-wam-minutes.html#action01]

      [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2008OctDec/0242.html)

    AB: any comments about those questions?
    ... a question I have is about the priority e.g. v1 or v2

    DR: I think we need answers now

    AB: a related I have is do we need to block on answers?

    DR: yes we do

    AB: we agree they are important
    ... and that we cannot proceed without some help from the XML Sec WG
    ... anything else on the DigSig spec?

    [ None ]

APIs and Events spec

    AB: Arve told me yesterday that he would not be able to make today's
    call
    ... this again means we will need to postpone discussions
    ... any other comments on this spec?

    [ None ]

AOB

    AB: one thing is next VC
    ... It will be December 4
    ... There will be no VC on December 11 because of the security
    Workshop
    ... This means then, there will be just two more calls in 2008

    BS: We will need to use one of those calls to discuss LC for the P&C
    ... That was planned

    AB: yes, that's what we discussed before
    ... I don't know if that is realistic anymore
    ... We need Marcos in that discussion
    ... any other business?

    DR: current status of the documents
    ... has that been updated recently?

    AB: I only update that after we make a publication

    DR: regarding Editor help for the APIs and Events spec, Claudio
    volunteered and that's OK with us
    ... If more help is needed I think we can help

    AB: anything else?

    [ None ]

    AB: meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: David submit a proposal for Mark's questions
    ([16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2008OctDec/0
    242.html) [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2008/11/20-wam-minutes.html#action01]

      [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ 
2008OctDec/0242.html

    [End of minutes]
  
Received on Thursday, 20 November 2008 12:32:55 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 18:49:28 GMT