[widgets] Minutes from 20 November 2008 Voice Conference

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 07:31:57 -0500
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>

The minutes from the November 20 Widgets voice conference are
available at the following and copied below:

WG Members - if you have any comments, corrections, etc., please send
them to the public-webapps mail list before December 4 (the next
Widgets voice conference); otherwise these minutes will be considered

-Regards, Art Barstow

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                        Widgets Voice Conference

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/11/20-wam-irc

           Art, David, Benoit, MikeSmith-IRC, Jere-IRC

           Arve, Nick

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Agenda Review
          2. [6]Annoucements
          3. [7]Issue #19 http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/issues/19
          4. [8]APIs and Events spec
          5. [9]AOB
      * [10]Summary of Action Items

    Date: 20 November 2008

    <scribe> Scribe: Art

    <scribe> ScribeNick: ArtB

Agenda Review

    AB: any change proposals for today's agenda
    53.html ?

      [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/

    <JereK> ArtB, only IRC this time

    AB: I sent a proposal to change the VC time
    ... any issues for people?

      [12] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-webapps/

    BS: it would be better for me if was 1 hour later from the proposed
    ... 16:00 would be better for me

    AB: please send your comments to the mail list
    ... I believe one prob is that 16:00 Paris will conflict with XML
    Security WG's VC

Issue #19 [13]http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/issues/19

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/issues/19

    DR: I think we don't have the right people to discuss this
    ... In particular Mark, Marcos and Thomas

    AB: does that concern apply to all of the sub-bullets?

    DR: yes, certainly

    AB: I tend to agree
    ... The next opportunity to discuss this is December 4

    DR: can we arrange an interim call?

    AB: yes, I think that is possible
    ... but I don't know about the probability of success

    DR: there could be some discussions

    AB: my proposal is multi-part:
    ... 1. Everyone should discuss these items on the public mail list
    ... 2. Regarding the questions for XML Sec WG, need a proposed

    DR: I can take an action for #2 above and coordinate a response

    <scribe> ACTION: David submit a proposal for Mark's questions
    242.html) [recorded in

      [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/

    AB: any comments about those questions?
    ... a question I have is about the priority e.g. v1 or v2

    DR: I think we need answers now

    AB: a related I have is do we need to block on answers?

    DR: yes we do

    AB: we agree they are important
    ... and that we cannot proceed without some help from the XML Sec WG
    ... anything else on the DigSig spec?

    [ None ]

APIs and Events spec

    AB: Arve told me yesterday that he would not be able to make today's
    ... this again means we will need to postpone discussions
    ... any other comments on this spec?

    [ None ]

    AB: one thing is next VC
    ... It will be December 4
    ... There will be no VC on December 11 because of the security
    ... This means then, there will be just two more calls in 2008

    BS: We will need to use one of those calls to discuss LC for the P&C
    ... That was planned

    AB: yes, that's what we discussed before
    ... I don't know if that is realistic anymore
    ... We need Marcos in that discussion
    ... any other business?

    DR: current status of the documents
    ... has that been updated recently?

    AB: I only update that after we make a publication

    DR: regarding Editor help for the APIs and Events spec, Claudio
    volunteered and that's OK with us
    ... If more help is needed I think we can help

    AB: anything else?

    [ None ]

    AB: meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: David submit a proposal for Mark's questions
    242.html) [recorded in

      [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/

    [End of minutes]