Re: setRequestHeader underspecified - setting "Accept" header as an example

From: Laurens Holst <lholst@students.cs.uu.nl>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 21:54:29 +0100
To: "Hallvord R. M. Steen" <hallvord@opera.com>
CC: public-webapps@w3.org
Hallvord R. M. Steen schreef:
>> If the header argument is in the list of request headers either use
>> multiple headers, combine the values or use a combination of those
>> (section 4.2, RFC 2616).
> I think this needs to be way more specific. We probably need to verify
> what existing UAs do for actual header values, and make some sensible
> rules from that.

Just as a pointer, a while ago I blogged about some test results wrt.
setRequestHeader and the Accept header
(the original comment I posted about has iirc been resolved, by the way):

This lead to the following discussion on the list:

Maybe that’s useful.

Note: New email address! Please update your address book.

~~ Ushiko-san! Kimi wa doushite, Ushiko-san nan da!! ~~
Laurens Holst, student, Utrecht University, the Netherlands
Website: www.grauw.nl. Backbase employee; www.backbase.com