Re: setRequestHeader underspecified - setting "Accept" header as an example

Hallvord R. M. Steen wrote on 11/18/2008 6:50 AM:
> I think this needs to be way more specific. We probably need to verify
> what existing UAs do for actual header values, and make some sensible
> rules from that.

I saw this yesterday, it suggests using setRequestHeader() to replace the default values with null values to reduce the size of the request headers for XHR requests, but notes that Opera combines the User-Agent header rather than replacing it (security feature?):

 http://blog.mibbit.com/?p=143

- Bil