[widgets] Minutes from 13 November 2008 Voice Conference

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 07:35:24 -0500
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>

The minutes from the November 13 Widgets voice conference are
available at the following and copied below:

WG Members - if you have any comments, corrections, etc., please send
them to the public-webapps mail list before November 20 (the next
Widgets voice conference); otherwise these minutes will be considered

One correction in the minutes - the date of the minutes when the
minutes were first published is "12 November" and that should be "13

-Regards, Art Barstow

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                        Widgets Voice Conference

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/11/13-wam-irc

           Art, David, Jere, Mike, Claudio

           MarkP, Marcos

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Review and tweak the agenda
          2. [6]Annoucements
          3. [7]Digital Signature spec
          4. [8]APIs and Events spec
          5. [9]AnyOtherBusiness
      * [10]Summary of Action Items

    Date: 12 November 2008

    <scribe> Scribe: Art

    <scribe> ScribeNick: ArtB

Review and tweak the agenda

    DR: Mark is on holiday until Nov 17

    AB: Marcos won't return from holiday until Nov 22
    ... and Arve isn't here

    AB: any annoucements?

    DR: 2nd public release of BONDI release is expected by the end of

    AB: Security Workshop is December 10-11
    ... There are about 25 Position Papers
    ... And a good set
    ... I will attend the WS as will some other Nokia people

Digital Signature spec

    AB: most of today's agenda is dedicated to DigSig spec
    ... But neither of the Editors are here today

    <MikeSmith> no Thomas Roessler here either today :(

    DR: regarding Action-275
    ... MP has been discussing things with NIST
    ... I would like to fwd some questions to WebApps
    ... Is that OK?

    AB: yes!

    DR: regarding DSA and key lengths

    AB: please let's keep using the public mail list
    ... I am trying to get someone to be active on the DigSig spec

APIs and Events spec

    AB: Arve isn't here today

    [ Art and Mike ask MaxF about Arve's whereabouts ... ]

    AB: one question is if anyone is interested in helping with the
    Editing of the API and Events spec?
    ... any takers?

    DR: provisionally, yes
    ... Let me ask and I'll report back

    AB: OK; please let us know

    DR: regarding the "Turin" rules for OMTP's W3C participation
    ... on Nov 28 we expect all of our members to be in line with these

    AB: OK, thanks for the update
    ... one topic is the time of day for this call
    ... It is currently scheduled to facilitate Brisbane particpation
    ... But Marcos is now living in Europe
    ... Any time change will cause some inconveience for Mike (Tokyo)
    ... But the current time is 04:00 US West coast

    MS: I can live with a time change

    AB: if we pushed the time out two hours would that be OK?

    MS: yes that would work

    AB: would that cause any immediate probs for people on this call?

    DR: that's OK with OMTP

    <kapyaho> I'm UTC+2, so it's fine with me

    CV: that would be OK
    ... regarding the API and Events spec, we may be able to help
    ... so add us to the list of candidates

    AB: if anyone has text to propose for Section 2 Red Block Issues,
    please propose such text on the mail list
    ... next week's agenda will be mostly the same as today's
    ... We will focus on DigSig; Mark will be back then
    ... Meeting Adjourned

    RRSAgent: make log Public

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]