[widgets] Version string

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosscaceres@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 16:27:00 +0000
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>

Hi All,
I would like to relax a valid version string to be any string. The
reason I want to do this is to make it easier to parse a version
string without requiring any special processing (any string will do).
We will still recommend the  MIDlet Suite Versioning where "Version
numbers have the format Major.Minor[.Micro] (X.X[.X])".

This affects the widget element's version attribute and parts of the
Updates spec in a minor way.

Kind regards,
Marcos

--