Re: New Progress draft (1.25)...

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 09:08:56 +0200
To: Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com>
CC: Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>

Garrett Smith wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 5:51 AM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
>> Garrett Smith wrote:
>

>> I agree. Not sure if that is what you want to do before or after getting the
>> load/error/abort event though?
>>
>> I should mention that I'm not particularly married to having things one way
>> or another. But I think we should have reasons for choosing.
>>

> Agree. Anyone who has another use case for loadend, please post up.

I was also wondering why in your use case it made sense to fire loadend
before load/error/abort? I.e. what would you be doing in those events
such that you want the progress bar hidden at that point.

Though I do agree that it makes sense to say "i'm done" before "here's
the data" (or "it failed").

/ Jonas