Re: Clipboard actions BOF table at W3C TPAC

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> Sorry, I missed this - I was otherwise occupied at lunch (I am here,
> BTW).
>
> Having hopefully pretty much shifted Progress Events off my plate, I
> hope to move back to the clipboard API stuff now - and the HTML5 draft
> is indeed an important reference...
>
> Ian, how stable do you think this bit of the HTML5 spec is? (I haven't
> looked yet...)

Drag and drop is very stable, it's implemented in three browsers now.
There's some outstanding feedback, but not much. The implementation of
copy and paste in terms of drag and drop (a design motivated primarily by
accessibility and security concerns) is not widely implemented, though I
have no pending feedback regarding changes to that.