Re: FileUpload Spec | Editor's Draft | Re: Call for Consensus: a new WD of the File Upload spec

On Oct 15, 2008, at 4:28 PM, Arun Ranganathan wrote:

> The Call for Consensus regarding a new WD of the FileUpload
> specification notwithstanding, I think it prudent to *not* publish a
> WD till members of the WG get a chance to comment on my editor's
> draft, and till the potential F2F at the upcoming TPAC has taken
> place.

I'm fine either way with publishing a WD or not.

My first question would be:

Why did you ignore Apple's proposal to start with a minimal common
interface (which most people seemed to like) and instead wrote a draft
that is the union of all things in Robin's original spec, all things
that Mozilla happened to implement, and a bunch of the things that
Google propose?

I can give specific technical comments on the things that I think are
wrong with this draft, but first I would like to hear why the
minimalist proposal was rejected. I do not believe you ever commented
on it.

Regards,
Maciej