Re: Proposal: High resolution (and otherwise improved) timer API

On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 05:43:55 +0200, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
wrote:

> A number of WebKit developers (including from the Chrome team and the
> Safari team) have been discussing ideas for a new and improved timer API.
[...]
> I think we should put this design or something much like it in a new
> standalone spec, possibly also taking on the legacy setTimeout/
> setInterval interfaces.

Note that this group has some minimal but important process requirements
before it takes on a spec (see the charter[1]). The first step (finding
someone who agrees to do the editing work - otherwise this won't happen)
is now underway in the Working Group...

cheers

Chaals

http://my.opera.com/chaals   Try Opera 9.5: http://www.opera.com