[widgets] Preferences API

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosscaceres@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 00:35:42 +0100
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>

Hi All,
I think we should dump the Widgets preferences API in favor of HTML5
DOM's storage API. Basically, preferences API basically replicates
what DOM Storage already defines. Also, DOM storage is already
implemented across three or four browsers and we can assume the
specification to be fairly stable (or hopefully it will be by the time
we get to CR). Dumping the preferences API will also avoid problems in
the future as HTML5 becomes prevalent in the market.

Kind regards,
Marcos

--
Marcos Caceres