Re: [AC] Access-Control-Allow-Origin header syntax

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 21:26:05 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> However I think that if we are using URI syntax for these headers we
> should treat them as URIs and not as opaque strings. Everywhere else
> in the product URIs are parsed and canonicalized before being
> compared. We specifically do not use string comparisons. I think for
> the sake of consistency with the rest of the web platform we should do
> the same here, anything else is just unexpected behavior.

The point is actually that the header does _not_ take a URI. It did at
some point, but you didn't like that. It takes the ASCII form of an origin
instead, identically to The Web Socket Protocol in HTML 5.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>