Re: FileUpload Editor | Re: File Upload Status ?

From: Arun Ranganathan <arun@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 13:03:08 -0700
To: Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com>
CC: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Oliver Hunt <oliver@apple.com>

All,
>> I agree we should first discuss use cases and requirements, before coming up
>> with APIs.

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/FileUpload/publish/FileUpload.xhtml#requirements

I incorporated suggestions from Garret S, Jonas, and distilled some
things from a few others.  I also am coming around to arguments about
asynchronous.  There are a few other changes to the above that aren't
important now (e.g. changed signatures to match nsIDOMFile [1] but
haven't fleshed that out yet :-\).

Art, Chaals: if Garret Smith, Apple (Sam or Oliver or Maciej) are coming
to TPAC (or if anyone else wants this discussed), I'd like to put this
on Web Apps agenda.

If we agree on reqs (please send feedback!) then we can move on to other
stuff.

(Sorry for delays).

-- A*
[1] http://mxr.mozilla.org/firefox/source/content/base/public/nsIDOMFile.idl