RE: [D3E] Include mouse capture functionality

From: Travis Leithead <travil@windows.microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 16:43:32 -0700
To: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>, "public-svg-wg@w3.org" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
Seems as if this "startMouseCapture()" and "stopMouseCapture()" could be implemented by re-using DOM event's capture phase by adding event handlers to the capture phase of the #document and then "firing" those events directly on the target node.

In fact, I thought this was one of the primary use-cases for having the capture phase in DOM L2 events...?