Re: [XHR] Some comments on "charset" in the Content-Type header

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 21:57:55 +0200
To: "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 18:10:04 +0200, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> Julian Reschke wrote:
>> Why would you ever *want* to set charset on application/xml or
>> application/*+xml?
>
> That's a really good question, but people do...

Well, correcting charset is fine. The suggestion for not putting it there
at all unless the media type is text or it is already present makes some
sense though.

> In any case, my other example (JavaScript) remains.

Is that being transmitted over XMLHttpRequest? And using a media type
Internet Explorer does not support for ECMAScript?

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>