FileUpload Editor | Re: File Upload Status ?

From: Arun Ranganathan <arun@mozilla.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 12:28:47 -0700
To: Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com>, Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
CC: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Oliver Hunt <oliver@apple.com>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>

All,

On behalf of Mozilla, I'd like to take over as editor of the FileUpload
spec., which was actually once assigned to me quite some time ago :)

Of course, I think that
> form.getDataAsString();

form serialization is out of scope of this particular specification, but
I think other things like Blobs (as per the Google Gears proposal --
maybe a File interface can have a getBlobs on it) are probably in, as
well as some other interface proposals by Opera, etc.  Security makes or
breaks all of this, so I'll start with the restrictions we've put on
this as a strawperson.  After talking to Jonas, I also think "File
Download" should be in scope, again modulo security which, following a
straw person, is a welcome group discussion.

I've gotten CVS access from Mike.  I'd like till the end of the week
(next week) to turn around a a first revision.

-- A*