Re: XDomainRequest Integration with AC

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 20:44:04 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
>> The big worry I have though is if there is any possibility to puny
>> encode the same origin in multiple ways (other than with or without
>> default port). This could lead to different UAs encoding the same
>> origin in different ways, which could lead to interoperability issues
>> if sites rather than echoing the 'Origin' header always send out a
>> static value for the Access-Control-Allow-Origin header.
>
> Is that possible? I don't think it is. Domain names follow a strict set
> of normalization rules. (That would also mean the Origin header could
> contain different values depending on the implementation, which is not
> the case.)

The only thing that i _know_ of is that:

http://foo.com
and
http://foo.com:80

are the same origin but have different string representations. I have
also heard that some UAs are able to handle non-ascii characters in
header values by somehow specifying an encoding. I don't really know how
that works, but for those UAs the following to origins would be equivalent:

http://www.xn--jrnspikar-v2a.com
and
http://www.järnspikar.com

/ Jonas