Re: comment on Element Traversal Spec

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 18:56:32 +0200
To: olli@pettay.fi
Cc: Webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>

Olli Pettay wrote:

> On all nodes? Doesn't make sense to have nextElementSibling on a
> #document or #attribute or
> #documentFragments etc.
> Perhaps those could be available on #text nodes, though, even in that
> case when node is under
> attribute, next/previousElementSibling would be a bit strange.

To be precise, I would like to have these on

   EntityReference, Element, ProcessingInstruction, Comment,
   Text, CDATASection, Entity, Notation

Of course, you're right, it does not make real sense on Document,
DocumentFragment, DocumentType and Attr. But we could fire an
exception or reply null.

</Daniel>