Re: [WebIDL] ES3.1 'flexible' attribute and 'delete' semantics

On Aug 12, 2008, at 9:32 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:

> I don't necessarily disagree with Maciej concerning worrying about
> "flexible" right now.  However, there is now a very good chance that
> a incremental revisions to the ECMAScript specification will be
> completed and approved within the next 12 month.  That revision is
> likely change some of the ECMAScript specification devices that are
> currently referenced from the WebIDL document.  I don't know what
> your timeframe for completion is, but it seems like it might make
> sense to maintain some visibility of how the ECMAScript spec. is
> evolving and how that might impact your spec. If there is interest,
> I can prepare some feedback on your current draft that identifies
> areas that are like to become problematic.

I am in both the ECMAScript and Web API working groups. I'm willing to
act as liaison to inform Cameron of relevant ECMAScript updates, once
the new direction for ECMAScript is more clearly settled (which I
believe will be in a matter weeks or at most a few months).

I agree that in general Web IDL should be written in reference to the
next rev of ECMAScript, I suggest only that we wait a bit until it is
more clear what the new spec formalisms will look like.

Regards,
Maciej