ISSUE-46 (i18n Span-Like Element): Need to define a <span> for i18n purposes in configuration document [Widgets]

From: Web Applications Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 03:52:05 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-webapps@w3.org

ISSUE-46 (i18n Span-Like Element): Need to define a <span> for i18n purposes in configuration document [Widgets]

http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/track/issues/46

Raised by: Marcos Caceres
On product: Widgets

We need an element that can be used generically inside other elements in the Configuration Documents to denote directionality of text and possibly to mark text spans as being in a different langauge.

Having such an element would be in compliance with BP14 of Best Practices for XML Internationalization [1]. Having said that, we might also need to investigate the inclusion of Ruby, though we might leave that for V2.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-i18n-bp/#DevSpan