Re: XDomainRequest Integration with AC

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 11:20:44 +0200
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Sunava Dutta <sunavad@windows.microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sharath Udupa <Sharath.Udupa@microsoft.com>, Zhenbin Xu <Zhenbin.Xu@microsoft.com>, Gideon Cohn <gidco@windows.microsoft.com>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>, IE8 Core AJAX SWAT Team <ieajax@microsoft.com>

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 08:28:48 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
>> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>>>  My plan is to simply require Access-Control-Allow-Origin to hold the
>>> ASCII serialization of an origin (see HTML5) and have a literal
>>> comparison of that with the value of Origin. This would be quite
>>> strict, but should be fine I think.
>>
>> That is fine, though I'm inclined to think that the trailing slash
>> should be allowed in the HTML5 syntax for an origin.
>
> That would would preclude string comparison though and require something
> less trivial.

How would that preclude string comparison? (->
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc3986.html#comparison-string>)

BR, Julian