Element Traversal comment

From: Joćo Eiras <joao.eiras@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 00:10:27 +0100
To: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>

Hi.

The Element Traversal WD define childElementCount on the Element interface.
Personally I see little use for such property by itself.
It would make much more sense to have childElements (similar to childNodes
on Node), and therefore we could use childElements.length to get the same
value as childElementCount. childElements would also be a live NodeList.

Most use cases for Element only transversal require looping NodeLists, and
if the author still has to filter nodes from these NodeLists by their
nodeType, then that beats the entire purpouse of this specification.

Thank you.