Re: ISSUE-5 (Unexpanded Entities): Wording for the Treatment of Unexpanded Entity References and Entity Replacement Markup [Element Traversal]

Hi, Anne-

Anne van Kesteren wrote (on 6/17/08 7:45 AM):

> On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 08:01:08 +0200, Web Applications Working Group Issue
> Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org> wrote:
>> Note that this is an issue for any interface specification, so a
>> uniform solution should be decided.
>
> I think the solution that makes most sense is to not let entities enter
> the DOM, ever. This should probably have been the case for DOCTYPEs and
> CDATA sections as well, but it's probably too late for those.

I've done some more research, and I've satisfied myself that making the
change you've requested would not unduly restrict implementations.

Therefore, I've changed the current draft [1] to say, "For the purpose
of Element Traversal, the implementation must handle entity reference
nodes as if each entity reference has been fully expanded."

Please let us know as soon as possible if this satisfies your comment.

[1]
http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/ElementTraversal/publish/ElementTraversal.html?rev=1.15

Regards-
-Doug Schepers