[D3E] Few comments

From: Olli Pettay <Olli.Pettay@helsinki.fi>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 19:13:17 +0300
To: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
CC: Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>

Hi all,

few comments to the current editor's draft.

IMO CustomEvent should have also initCustomEvent(), not only
initCustomEventNS().
Having only initCustomEventNS doesn't prevent anyone to create events with null
namespace and it is just annoying if initCustomEvent isn't there.

Similar with MouseWheelEvent, it has only initMouseWheelEventNS, but should have also
initMouseWheelEvent.
.wheelDelta is still underspecified.
I wonder if MouseWheelEvent should be non-normative, so that an implementation which doesn't support
MouseWheelEvent, but does support WheelEvent (and the rest of D3E) could claim to implement D3E.

WheelEvent should also have non-NS initialization method.
And sorry, I still haven't come up with a good solution for pixel/line/page scrolling.
Currently I prefer the option where deltaX/Y/Z isn't just long but
an array of longs. The WheelEvent interface could have few consts:
PIXEL = 0;
LINE = 1;
PAGE = 2;
then using wheelEvent.deltaX[wheelEvent.LINE] could give the line information.
This is also pretty easily extendable.

-Olli