Re: XDomainRequest Integration with AC

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 21:49:59 +0200
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
CC: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sunava Dutta <sunavad@windows.microsoft.com>, "annevk@opera.com" <annevk@opera.com>, Sharath Udupa <Sharath.Udupa@microsoft.com>, Zhenbin Xu <Zhenbin.Xu@microsoft.com>, Gideon Cohn <gidco@windows.microsoft.com>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>, IE8 Core AJAX SWAT Team <ieajax@microsoft.com>

Jonas Sicking wrote:

> Ian Hickson wrote:
>> On Sat, 19 Jul 2008, Jonas Sicking wrote:
>>> According to the HTML5 spec space is a valid characted inside URLs.
>>
>> That wasn't intentional -- can you point to where it says that? The
>> HTML5 spec relies on spaces not being allowed in URLs in various places.
>
> In section 2.3.2 (Parsing URLs):
>
> # Add all characters with codepoints less than or equal to U+0020 or
> # greater than or equal to U+007F to the <unreserved> production.

Only invalid HTML-URLs can contain spaces (otherwise they wouldn't be
valid IRIs).

*But* (and that's the part I missed), most IRIs are valid HTML URLs, but
you can only put them into an HTTP header as long as they do not use
non-ISO-8859-1 characters.

So the AC spec really needs to say it's talking about RFC3986 URIs.

BR, Julian