Re: XDomainRequest Integration with AC

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 10:32:37 +0200
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
CC: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sunava Dutta <sunavad@windows.microsoft.com>, "annevk@opera.com" <annevk@opera.com>, Sharath Udupa <Sharath.Udupa@microsoft.com>, Zhenbin Xu <Zhenbin.Xu@microsoft.com>, Gideon Cohn <gidco@windows.microsoft.com>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>, IE8 Core AJAX SWAT Team <ieajax@microsoft.com>

Jonas Sicking wrote:
>> I don't think the angle brackets are necessary for forward compat,
>> since we can just disallow spaces from the URL.
>
> According to the HTML5 spec space is a valid characted inside URLs.

I don't think so.

But even if this was the case, it shouldn't matter, as the URLs that
appear in AC headers should be valid RFC3986 URIs, right? Or was the
intent to "leak" non-compliant URLs into HTTP headers???

BR, Julian